Chalford Parish Council was established in 1894; it is responsible for:
• The provision and maintenance of allotments
• The provision and maintenance of a cemetery
• The maintenance of footpaths and some road verges
• The maintenance of parish land
• Input to planning applications
• Maintenance of charity land
• Maintenance of Playing Fields
• The provision of play equipment
The Parish Council has 15 members and by common consent is non party political. Details of the Councillors can be found here [link], on the Parish noticeboards around the Parish and on the web site. The aim of the Council is to represent the views and needs of the parishioners either directly through the provision of services or indirectly through submissions to other statutory bodies. This includes liaison with Stroud District Council, Gloucestershire County Council, Environment Agency, the police and local health authorities.
Members of the public are welcome to attend Council meetings which are normally held at 7.00 p.m. on the first Thursday of every month at the Parish Centre, Gerald’s Way, Chalford.
The Parish Centre is open from 10am – 3pm Monday to Thursday and is staffed by Christine and Kate, our Parish Clerk and Assistant Clerk. Do contact them if you have any queries.
Tel. 01453 887204. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org